I wanted to give you some updates and information you hopefully will find interesting and useful. As always, please don’t hesitate to give us a call or email if you would like any additional information, or if you have any questions. Students can be directed to our website http://dean.wdw.utoronto.ca/ or to our offices.
1. Office moves! Our move is completed! Savannah Sloat, Myself and our student staff are all in 123 St. George – 3rd floor. Please feel free to pop over and say hello. The doors are open every weekday from 9am to 5pm.
2. Our new E-Mentorship Program: As many of you know, this summer we started a new e-mentorship program for incoming students. Doug Brenton is working with us to make it happen! All incoming students were auto-enrolled to the program and 45 upper year Woodsworth students were selected as E-Mentors to manage groups of students assigned by program. Since the program began we have had about 425 E-Mentees actively participate!
3. Mentorship programs for the upcoming academic year: We are currently interviewing our Mentors for the Academic Bridging and First Year programs. We are hoping to have 30 AB pairs and 50 FY pairs, and will be adding a group workshop component where mentors and mentees will have the opportunity to interact at group events. We are also beginning our new group mentorship program for students who have entered through Joint Transfer Program.
4. Woodsworth Ambassador program: We are introducing a new participation activity where students can sign up to be Ambassadors for the College. They will be given basic training and information on the history of Woodsworth, its offices, staff, and programs, and will be asked to attend events throughout the year on as-needed basis. This is the first iteration of this kind of program, but we have had a good response so far. If you are interested in participating, please visit our Leadership involvement page.
5. New expanded leadership certificate: Last year we collaborated with the Office of Student Life to run the Learning To Lead program, a cohort model program that took place over five weeks. This year we are expanding the program to be more Woodsworth specific in order to better integrate our diverse student demographic in to a program that meets their varying needs. We are looking to connect this certificate with our annual Woodsworthy Leadership Conference. The program will run beginning in first semester. More details to follow.
6. Residence Summer: Our summer business continues to be very strong – we are sitting at full occupancy with a wait list for available spaces.
7. Residence admissions for the fall/winter: We are currently full for the incoming year, and Woodsworth students will again be placed in Chestnut and University College Residences.
8. Orientation: Registration is under way, with almost 250 students signed up in the first week! This year all WOLF programming has been completely integrated with WCSA Orientation to make it more cohesive and collaborative. All 750 participants will be able to attend any of the events offered throughout the week with the purchase of a single package. Feel free to take a peek at the website at http://woodsworthfrosh.com.
As always, if you would like any information about our programs, or if you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Dean of Students