The Office of the Dean of Students and the Woodsworth College Residence are hiring a number of work-study positions for the Academic Year. All positions are Co-Curricular Record eligible! All positions are posted on the Career Learning Network (CLN) at http://cln.utoronto.ca. Log on using your UTORid and search all of the positions using the Job IDs listed below. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us!
Woodsworth College Residence
- Community Engagement Assistant – Job ID: 40695
- Media & Communications Assistant – Job ID: 40704
- Leadership Development Assistant – Job ID: 40726
- Residence Initiatives Assistant – Job ID: 40783
Office of the Dean of Students
- International Initiatives Assistant – Job ID: 39750
- First Year Mentorship Program Assistant – Job ID: 39747
- Academic Bridging Mentorship Program Assistant – Job ID: 39745
- Career Education Assistant – Job ID: 39756
- Community Outreach Assistant – Job ID: 39741
- Leadership Development Assistant – Job ID: 39738
- Social Media and Communications Assistant – Job ID: 39729
- PASS Leaders (6 Positions Available) – Job ID: 40686
- Events Assistant & Social Media Co-ordinator; Alumni, Advancement & Communications – Job ID: 38232
- Coordinator & Communications Manager, Work-Study STEP Forward Initiative – Job ID: 38717
- Office Assistant, Academic Bridging Program – Job ID: 38636
- Registrarial Assistant, Registrar’s Office (3 Positions Available) – Job ID: 38640
In order to be eligible to apply:
- Students do not need to be OSAP eligible to apply for Work Study.
- As an Undergraduate student, you must be taking at least 2.0 credits (40% of a full course load) continuously from September to April. You cannot average a 2.0 FCE course load over the year.
- A Graduate student, you must be registered in at least 40% of a full course load from September-April. If your ROSI registration indicates a “PT” status, you need to ask your department to confirm the percentage.
Hours and Rate of Pay
Work Study employees are paid bi-weekly at a pay rate of $11.00 per hour equal to the minimum wage plus 4% vacation pay. The maximum hours of work are 12 hours per week.
Work Study students are paid bi-weekly except for those who have been previously set up with a monthly payroll schedule. Students and employers must complete and sign the timesheets before submitting the forms to the payroll officer.
Students are permitted to accept one Work Study position per program year.