Career Centre & Accessibility Programs: Student Advisory Committee Member Call Out!
The Career Centre is seeking student advisory committee members to join our Career Centre & Accessibility Programs: Student Advisory Committee. Students who join the committee will have the opportunity to work alongside likeminded staff and students to help in creating and improving programming for students navigating disabilities and careers.
Who we are looking for students who:
- Are currently enrolled in studies at the University of Toronto (any level of enrollment: PT or FT)
- Are interested in providing input on how to structure career-related programming for students with disabilities
- Are interested in ensuring that all career programming under the committees responsibility is accessible, incorporates universal design principles and is inclusive
- Have creative ideas and can think outside of the box
- Based on the nature of the position, students with a lived experience of disability (personal experience or past professional/semi-professional experience), will be highly considered, and are encouraged to apply
The benefits of participating are:
- You will be helping increase access to career programs for students with disabilities
- You will gain exposure to the process of program planning and development
- You will build experience within Student Life at UofT
- You will build teamwork, communication and self-advocacy skills in a supportive environment
2 hours every month, September-April. The exact time of the meetings will be determined after the participants have been recruited.
Application & selection process:
Please apply with a resume and statement of interest (1 page single spaced maximum) sharing why you are interested in the opportunity and what you hope to contribute as a committee member.
Information on resume writing can be found if you click on this link:https://www.studentlife.utoronto.ca/cc/resumes. Please send the application to this email:email@example.com with the subject line ‘Student Advisory Committee Application’.
All the applications will be reviewed and prospective candidates will be invited to interview to further discuss the opportunity. Interview questions will be provided prior to the interview.
Deadline to apply is Friday September 16th at 5:00 pm
For additional questions about the role please contact Candice Stoliker, Career Educatorcandice.firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 416.978.8016