The Gordon Cressy Student Leadership Awards recognize outstanding volunteer contributions made to the University and wider community.
To be eligible for a 2017 Cressy Award, students must:
· Be currently enrolled at the University of Toronto in their final year of study, or have completed their studies after June 2016.
· Never have received a Cressy Award previously during their academic career;
· Be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 (B-) at the end of the previous academic session prior to the opening of the nomination period. Exceptions to this requirement may be granted only under extraordinary circumstances. Please contact your nomination coordinator for details (a full list of nomination coordinators is available at http://alumni.utoronto.ca/cressyawards).
A nominee should have reached a minimum threshold of at least one year of volunteer leadership in the form of any one, or a combination, of the following:
· Leadership on committees or influence on student or university affairs;
· Improvement in the quality of life of students;
· Contributions to the co-curricular experience;
· Encouragement of fellow students to become involved in extra-curricular activities; and
· Contribution to the sense of community at U of T.
Note: Volunteer leadership outside the University community will be considered, but only as a
complement to contributions within the University community.
Deadline: November 11, 2016 to Stephanie Woodside (firstname.lastname@example.org)