What is the Recruitment Conference?
U of T is reinventing the information session by hosting a daylong event for graduating students to attend back-to-back employer presentations at the Recruitment Conference. Students exploring career paths and looking for full time employment after graduation should attend this one-stop event. You will have an opportunity to attend company information session from a variety of industries to hear about full-time, PEY and co-op opportunities that they are hiring for. Each participating employer will host a 45-minute information session about positions available at their company. Our sponsor companies will be available all day to answer questions at their booth in the networking space.
What’s in it for me?
- Graduating students can explore a variety of career paths in tech, engineering and business
- Learn about full time positions, work culture, and the recruitment process
- Network with employers from the companies you’re most interested in
How should I prepare?
- Do your research on each company and prepare questions to ask representatives
- Dress like you’re going to an interview, this is your chance to make an impression!
- Update your resume and print business card to bring to the event and share with company representatives
Who will be there?
Government of Canada – Communications Security Establishment
Tata Consultancy Services
Who can attend?
- Students at all campuses are welcome to attend
- Most companies are targeting students in their final year of studies (both undergraduate and graduate level)
- Students in 3rd year registered in a PEY or co-op program are eligible to attend
- Recent graduates (within 2 years of graduating) may attend
- Most roles that the companies are hiring for will begin as early as May 2018
- Must be available to work immediately full-time after graduation
Date: Saturday, September 23, 2017
Location: Bahen Centre, 40 St. George Street
- Company booths will be located on first floor atrium between 9am and 3:00pm
- Company information sessions will be located in various classrooms. Room locations and schedule will be shared on September 19, 2017 on CLN and emailed to register students
Time: 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Registration opens at 8:30am
- Presentations are at various times throughout the day. First presentation starts at 9am
Attire: Business Casual is recommended
If you require accommodations for this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org