Career Exploration and Education and Accessibility Services are seeking students who identify with a disability to join our Student Advisory Committee. Students who join the committee will have the opportunity to work alongside likeminded staff and students to help in creating and improving programming for students navigating disabilities and careers.
We are looking for students who:
– Are currently enrolled in studies at the University of Toronto (any level of enrollment: PT or FT)
– Identify with a disability or have lived experience supporting someone with a disability
– Are interested in providing input on how to structure career-related programming for students with disabilities
– Are interested in ensuring that all career programming under the committee’s responsibility are accessible, inclusive, and incorporates universal design principles
– Have creative ideas and can think outside of the box
By participating, you will:
– Help increase access to career programs for students with disabilities
– Gain exposure to the process of program planning and development
– Build experience within Student Life at UofT
– Build teamwork, communication and self-advocacy skills in a supportive environment
All Student Advisory Committee Members will receive Co-Curricular Validation for their participation.
2 hours every month, January-April. The exact time of the meetings will be determined after the participants have been recruited.
Application & selection process:
Please apply with a resume and statement of interest (Maximum: 1 page single spaced) sharing why you are interested in the opportunity and what you hope to contribute as a committee member.
Send the application to email@example.com with subject line: Student Advisory Committee Application.
All the applications will be reviewed and prospective candidates will be invited to an interview to further discuss the opportunity. Interview questions will be provided prior to the interview.
Deadline to apply is Friday, November 24th at 5:00 pm
For additional questions about the role, please contact Caroline Rudolph, Employer Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 416.978.8022