Workshop applications are now being accepted for the 2018 Lead with Pride conference which will take place on Friday, February 2nd and Saturday, February 3rd, 2018.
The 2018 Lead with Pride Organizing Committee is looking for students, staff, alumni, community members, and educators with knowledge and tools to share with LGBTQ+ students at U of T.
Lead with Pride is a two-day community building and skill development conference, which takes place on February 2nd and 3rd, 2018. Now in its 9th year, the goals of Lead With Pride are to provide students with the opportunity to engage in vital conversations around LGBTQ+ leadership; develop an understanding of anti-oppression work; practice self-care; and learn tangible, hands-on skills to support student organizing and leadership.
The conference works towards the development of a more inclusive and diverse LGBTQ+ student community within the three University of Toronto campuses. While we are absolutely prepared to welcome a wide range of ideas and topics, we have identified areas that we are especially interested in learning more about this year.
Potential Themes to Explore:
- Building Trans-Affirming Environments & Supporting Trans Communities at U of T
- Creating Inclusive Spaces for Queer & Trans Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (QTBIPOC)
- Navigating Identity in Professional Spaces
- Creating Safer Spaces for Survivors of Sexual Violence
- Mental Health & Self-Care
- Queer & Trans Media Representation
- Fostering a Culture of Accessibility for All (Dis)Abilities
We would appreciate your help sharing this opportunity with folks in your networks. Applications are open to everyone.
For more information and to apply visit: [uoft.me/LWP2018WorkshopApplications]uoft.me/LWP2018WorkshopApplication