Join the Woodsworth team for three days of volunteering with a community organization. Make meaningful contributions, build relationships, and learn more about the City of Toronto with your Woodsworth peers.
Alternative Reading Week is an experiential learning opportunity that prioritizes positive contributions to our local Toronto communities and the notion of ‘learning from and with’ community.
#ARW2018 will take place from February 20 – 22 (the Woodsworth project may extend to February 23 – this will be noted where appropriate!)
Past Projects include:
• ArtHeart Community Art Centre: Art show and sale
• Regent Park Focus: Community Media for Social Justice (TV)
• St. Albans Boys and Girls Clubs Black History Month
• For Youth Initiative (FYI): Mural Painting
• North York Harvest Food Bank
• Kensington Community Health Centre: Computer & Seniors
And many more!
Bonus: Use #ARW2018 to share on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram about Alternative Reading Week by Nov. 17 for a chance to win a $40 UofT Bookstore gift card.
To register for the WDW Team – Please e-mail Vivian Ngo email@example.com by November 29, 2017.