WHEN: Feb 3, 2018 09:30 AM to 04:15 PM
WHERE: Bahen Centre, Room 1130 (40 St. George Street)
Registration Deadline: Feb 3, 2018 12:00 AM
In this one-day conference, hear from students, faculty, and alumni about bouncing back from academic setbacks.
Attend concurrent sessions on: building academic skills, using mindfulness for success, connecting the dots from your academic life and your career, and more.
The Fresh Start Conference is open to:
- All undergraduate students at the St. George campus.
- Students who have struggled in one or more courses, and/or who have failed a course, and/or who are on probation or returning from suspension.
- Students interested in developing skills and setting achievable goals for success.
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – Breakfast and Registration
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Welcome & Opening address: Stories of Failure & Success (Rahul Bhat)
11:15 a.m. – 12:25 p.m. – Core Session #1: Building Resiliency & Success
12:25 p.m. – 1:10 p.m. – Lunch (provided)
1:15 p.m. – 2:25 p.m. – Core Session #2: Building Academic Skills for Success
2:35 p.m. – 3:35 p.m. – Concurrent sessions:
- Understanding Academic Expectations (Engage with professors to uncover academic expectations at U of T)
- Connecting the Dots from Here to…Where? (Exploring ways to put a ‘career lens’ on your academic experience)
- Mindfulness for Academic Success (Learn mindfulness practices to support your academic goals)
3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. – Closing reflection
Register here: https://cln.utoronto.ca/_template_/temp_orbis_career-student/studentEvents.htm?eventId=10039