Graduate House invites applications for the position of Front Desk Attendant. Front Desk Attendants are supervised by the Graduate House Service Coordinator and also report to the Assistant to the Dean, Administration & Operations (ADAO) and work closely with members of the office staff to promote a community conducive both to study and collegial interaction.
- Reprogramming/replacing security fobs and keys for residents in accordance with Graduate House protocols and procedures
- Facilitating move-ins for incoming residents and check-ins for guests and processing move-outs
- Receiving deliveries and accurately tracking parcel pick-ups by residents
- Assisting with the borrowing and returning of carts and other equipment
- Recording event sign-ups and payments for residents, including handling cash
- Responding to phone, email, and in-person inquiries with high degree of professionalism
- Redirecting emergency maintenance, safety and other urgent matters immediately to appropriate staff
- Representing Graduate House at Student Housing Fairs, as needed
- Assisting with Move-in days, as needed (May 1st, September 1st)
- Attending monthly staff meetings and one-to-ones
- Completing daily report logs
- Additional duties, as required
Each Applicant must be:
- A full-time student
- Experienced working with students, in student services/government and/or residence life
- Trained in First Aid training and mental health first aid (e.g. SafeTALK), or willing to be trained
- Experienced working in a fast-paced environment, with constant interruptions and competing deadlines
- Experienced with computers, including word-processing, data bases (e.g. Excel, Access, StarRez), and mail merge
- Available for shifts between 1:00pm and 11:00pm Monday to Friday and 12:00pm and 6:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
In addition, it is expected that a Front Desk Attendant will demonstrate:
- A desire to enhance the quality of life for all residents
- Approachability and accessibility to residents
- Discretion, tact, good judgement and a commitment to confidentiality guidelines
- An aptitude for following office protocols and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including effective conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- An ability to work independently and as a team member
HOURS OF WORK
Each Front Desk Attendant is typically scheduled for 2-4 shifts per week. The shifts are 1:00pm-6:00pm and 6:00pm-11:00pm on Monday to Friday. On the weekends the shifts are 12:00pm to 6:00pm. FDAs are expected to be available to work a combination of day, evening, and weekend shifts.
The Front Desk Attendant position is paid $16.50 per hour. Pay includes 4% vacation pay and is subject to deductions required by law.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can submit a cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Urbanowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be received by no later than July 10th, 2018 at 4:00pm. No late applications will be considered.