What is Becoming Woodsworthy?
- An emerging Woodsworth College leader program that supports students in developing a philosophy of leadership, learning basic leadership skills and exploring effective ways to get involved.
- A six-week cohort program that connects students to the Woodsworth community.
- A curriculum that has been implemented, assessed, and revised through several iterations across campus for the last two years.
- A program where you get to meet new people and have some fun at the same time!
Who is this program for?
- Woodsworth College students interested in getting more involved in the UofT campus community and developing their leadership skills.
- Students who are interested in applying for any type of peer mentor or leadership position on campus (executive club/council members, residence/commuter don, orientation coordinators/leaders, volunteers for the CCP, etc)
Benefits for participants
- Be provided with opportunities to develop and enhance a personal philosophy of leadership that includes understanding of self, others and community.
- Be better prepared for your educational experience, leadership and involvement opportunities.
- Explore effective ways to get involved and make a difference.
- Be recognized as a potential leader.
- Network with Woodsworth and UofT clubs, organizations and campus offices.
- Connect with a community of students that desire to learn m ore about their own leadership capabilities.
All sessions will take place in the William Waters Lounge (Woodsworth College Residence – 321 Bloor Street West) from 10:00am-12:00pm.
Note: If you have an accommodation need for this series, please e-mail Janice Asiimwe (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly, and we will do our best to make appropriate arrangement.
Winter 2019 – Register Below Today!
- January 25 – What is Leadership? An Introduction
- February 1 – Self-Discovery and Becoming Your Own Leader (StrengthsQuest)
- February 8 – Visioning
- February 15 – Equity 101
- March 1 – Communication & Conflict Resolution
- March 8 – Achieving Balance as a Student Leader / Moving Forward (Featuring an Upper-Year Panel)