Who is this program for?
- Woodsworth College and Innis College students interested in gaining additional career and employment development skills. This series is comprised of six sessions, each focused on a specific skill area.
- Students who are interested in applying for any type role (i.e. part-time, full-time, internship, grad school)
Hint! You can attend all 6 sessions, or pick-and choose depending on your interests. By signing up, you will receive e-mail reminders for all sessions.
Note: Details regarding the Winter 2018 Schedule will be made available in the Fall.
Take a look at our past Winter 2017 Schedule
All sessions will take place in the Innis College Events Room (Innis College Residence – 111 St. George Street) from 1:00pm-3:00pm.
Note: If you have an accommodation need for this series, please e-mail Christina Alcena (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly, and we will do our best to make appropriate arrangement.
- January 27 – Resume & Cover Letters: Understand how to structure your resume/cover letter and reference letters for employment. Please note: students are required to bring a working version of their resume to this session.
- February 3 – Reference Letters & Business Writing: Transition from academic writing to work-place/career writing and appropriate etiquette.
- February 10 – Networking and Social Media: Discover networking strategies and techniques to include social media like “LinkedIn” and “Developing Your Personal Brand.” Note: Students will be required to create a LinkedIn profile during the workshop. From 3:00pm-4:00pm following the session, a photographer will be on-hand to take professional head shots.
- February 17 – Internships: Learn how to find internships and paid versus unpaid opportunities.
- March 3 – Interview Bootcamp: Learn how to you be yourself in an interview, while feeling confident telling your stories of ability to employers.
- March 10 – Alumni Panel – ‘How I Got to Where I Am’: Meet alumni who have succeeded in a variety of career fields including Business, Government, and Humanities/Creative Industries. Confirmed WDW Alumni include: Heather McCann, Account Director, Cossette, Navdeep Johal, Policy Analyst, Ontario Ministry of Education, & Rabea Soofi – Case Management Project Coordinator, Lifeline Syria.